Omega-3 - The health benefits
Omega-3 can improve risk factors for cardiovascular disease by helping to...
- Support normal function of the heart**
- Reduce chronic inflammation
- Prevent irregular heartbeat
- Reduce blood triglycerides
- Reduce blood pressure
DHA makes up 97% of the Omega-3 in the brain and helps to ...
- Support normal brain function*
- Fight the symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Boost memory and concentration
- Boost general mood
- Fight age-related mental decline and Alzheimer’s disease
DHA makes up 93% of the Omega-3 in the retina and helps to...
- Support healthy eyes and vision*
- Prevent age-related vision problems such as macular degeneration and cataracts
- Prevent dry eyes and redness
Pre & Postnatal Health
DHA plays a major role during pregnancy and has been linked to ...
- Normal development of brain and eyes†
- Increased child intelligence
- Better social skills
- Fewer behavioural problems
- Reduced risk of developmental issues such as ADHD
- Reduced risk of auto-immune diseases such as type-1 diabetes
- Reduced risk of early delivery
- Prevention of postpartum depression
Bone & Joint Health
Omega-3 can improve bone and joint health by helping to ...
- Reduce symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduce risk of osteoporosis
- Improve joint mobility
- Ease joint pain and stiffness
Omega-3 may offer many other health benefits including ...
- Healthy skin and hair
- Helping to balance the negative effects of too much Omega-6 in modern diets
- Lowering of asthma in children and young adults
- Helping to improve length and quality of sleep in children and adults
- Contributing to the maintenance of healthy skin and preventing premature ageing
- Contributing to a strong nervous system
* beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250 mg of DHA
** beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250 mg of DHA/EPA
† beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 200 mg of DHA in addition to normal daily adult intake of 250 mg
Note: The contents of the Omvits site are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.